Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A little morsel of...blandishment

Do you want to know what I find soothing these days? Words, perfectly appropriate words! How bland it is to say "I'm fine" or "she seems sad." Are we ever just fine or sad? Very rarely. That's why I find learning a word so enjoyable. There it lies in my head in all it's nuanced glory, waiting to be used. And then the perfect situation arises to draw out the few letters, to savor their specificity.

This is why I am inaugurating Word of the Week! One little word each week to be used, cherished, and practiced. Save them up yourself, and watch for them in future posts!

Today's word is: Blandishment (noun)
  • flattery intended to persuade
  • the act of urging by means of teasing or flattery
Send me the best sentences you can using this word!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...