Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Garden Mystery

The sun was high and bright today, the crisp air a needed tonic from weekend chores when I decided to pop outside for a spot of gardening. I thought I might push 'round some fallen leaves, scrape the trowel over some weeds, and feel generally invigorated by outdoor work. With the boots on and hair piled out of the way, I was mighty surprised to step outside and find my little plot overgrown with these pesky weeds:


Piggiwiggia Pyramidalis Phattfacia Stupenda



Cockatooca Superba Bottlephorkia Spoonifolia

An invasive species, wouldn't you say! A bit of research has turned up their Latin roots, but I wonder if their literal stocks will be harder to yank out? And I wonder if any of you have experienced a blight of Cockatooca Superba or Bottlephorkia Spoonifolia? Shall we make it into a little game? Yes, we shall. The first reader to correctly identify the origins of this bit of verdure gets a well-deserved mention!

2 comments:

Sueann said...

I don't know of the origins but the drawings are wonderful!! I don't know if I would pull these or just stand back and enjoy!
Ha!
Hugs
SueAnn

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ah, you have so cheered me with this post today! Between the whimsical drawings and words, I am smitten!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...